Friday 18 September 2020

Blogging Hiatus

 ...and I'd barely gotten started.  But just to let people know I haven't quit the field yet.

I am starting my first full-time University lecturing position next week.  At the tender age of 37.

Sorry, that should read 0x37

It's all happened in a bit of a rush.  So, it turns out that I've been given two entire course modules to deliver, for which the course content kinda hasn't been written yet.  In less than two weeks a large number of students will be logging onto Teams to hear my wibblings and I need to figure out what I'm going to be wibbling.

So my blogging efforts will have to go on hold for a bit, until I've got enough advance prep in for my lectures such that I can take a breather.

I have many more evolving ideas for my social mechanics rules and their applications.  Also, more installments of the Gilgamesh adventure to post.  I may find time to edit the latter and post them up to keep things ticking over.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... referencing your age in hex -- hey, whatever makes you feel young! Good luck with the courses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rich. Having gotten my feet under the desk (so to speak) in my new role at the University, I now feel able to spare a little time occasionally to restart my blogging efforts.

      Delete